The company was founded in 1987 by Martin Breinschmid, himself a performing musician. Since then, he has run the establishment and made it into the largest of its kind in Austria. The company has a huge inventory of all kinds of instruments but specializes in percussion equipment.
Our wide array of clients include:
- symphonic orchestras
- music festivals
- opera houses
- film property masters looking for special historic instruments
- window dressers
- party goes that need a bagpipe for their fancy costume
- football fans who need a drum to cheer on their clubs
Besides the regular orchestra percussion equipment we offer almost every other kind of special instrument:
- taxi horns for "An American in Paris"
- tuned gongs for "Madam Butterfly"and "Turandot"
- keyboard glockenspiel for the "Magic Flute"
- original harmoniums for Schoenberg and Mahler
- sound effects from the silent movie days up to now
- cuckoo's whistle, anvil and pop gun for your Strauss concerts
Also on offer:
- double basses (symphonic or jazz)
- concert harps
- music stands with or without lights
- flight cases for double basses and cellos
- beginners' instruments (cellos, violins) for long or short term rentals
- sousaphone and tuba
- mandolins, bouzouki, lutes, banjos and guitars
- accordions and concertinas
|RSO Wien / Carl Orff, Antigone /
|Lukas Schiske, Vic Firth, Martin Breinschmid /
We also offer cartage all through Europe and we go on tour with orchestras. Our staff is well-schooled in set-up and handling of instruments.